Battlecry of Compassion
- “moved with compassion” is found only 9 times in the NT
- compassion: a feeling of deep sympathy and sorry for another stricken by misfortune accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.
- what’s gonna be that strong something that will motivate me to keep going through the crap?
- you wonder where selfish ambition and dissent comes from on your vteam? Its the devil. (James 3)
- Genesis 3:15
- the serpent knows there’s gonna be a war and a woman’s offspring will kill him.
- that’s why Satan always goes after the young ones. He’s been a murderer from the beginning (Exodus and pharaoh, Jesus and the new born sons)
- These heroes in the Bible were young. Esther, David.
- Joseph Stalin
- A soviet Communist Party official once said, “If we can kill the national pride and patriotism of just one generation, we have won that country. By making readily available drugs of various kinds, by giving a teenager alcohol, by praising his wildness, by strangling him with sex literature, and by advertising to his and her, (Psycho-Political Preparation) we can create the necessary attitude of Chaos, Idleness, and worthlessness.”
- go after the young.
- and this is what America looks like right now.
- he’s not the little baby we see at Christmas
- He’s not just the gentle shepherd
- He is–> Isaiah 42:13-14,16
- The LORD will march out like a mighty man,
like a warrior he will stir up his zeal;
with a shout he will raise the battle cry
and will triumph over his enemies.
14 “For a long time I have kept silent,
I have been quiet and held myself back.
But now, like a woman in childbirth,
I cry out, I gasp and pant.
15 I will lay waste the mountains and hills
and dry up all their vegetation;
I will turn rivers into islands
and dry up the pools.
16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.
- think about who you’ve got on your side as you go into war. This is the God behind you.
- Battlecry–it’s not standing back and letting them come to you. It’s letting them know you’re there, and you’re ready. Bring it.
- Matthew 9:35-38
- Jesus called the disciples to him first. That’s what you’ve gotta do. Bring them in. And they’re ready. The harvest is ready. We’re just blinded to think that it’s not.
- When he says “Do this”, “Do this like that”–listen up and DO IT.
- He told the disciples to pray for harvest workers…and guess what? they got sent out. haha! I love that. As Christians, we like to pray and then sit on our butts, hoping that God will raise up people from somewhere else to go and do the work we’re called to do. But nope. they got sent out.
- Luke 10:19: “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”
- power: potential, ability. it’s different than AUTHORITY.
- authority: you have the delegated right to use it. to crush him. to TRAMPLE him.
- Dude, we have AUTHORITY over him! Use it!
- This is your father. Defend his honor.
- Witnessing as a community
- Matthew 10:2-4–> the names of the 12 apostles
- let’s do this as a community. Think strategically. God gave us brothers and sisters for a reason.
- Jesus even gives them the words to say–he’s prepared. and he’s preparing them.
- the Devil can turn our strengths and gifts to weaknesses (“let’s go with the flow…” or even overplanning…)
- God has modeled for us what reconciliation looks like.
- The King, when he sends out his ambassadors, he expects results just like as if he was the one speaking. He doesn’t expect the results to be different because the ambassadors might bungle up what he says–he expects them to represent him just as if he was the one talking.
- It’s not you, it’s his sufficiency in you.
Two years ago, when I took the AmazinGRace track, Kathy had the worst week ever. Her back went out, her mom had a heart attack, her son got hit in the head with a rock, her other son had a seizure and had to be life flighted out of Cedar.
that was no accident.
People were praying for Kathy, and they were praying for us, those in the track.
What was the Devil so desperate to stop??
God was doing something amazing through that track, and the Devil knew that we were being eqiupped for something great. For God’s glory.
Lord, let me love you to desperation. Let me long for your voice to be the first I hear in the morning, and the last I hear at night.