So for staff, as a personal goal, I wanted to study a few books of the Bible more in depth. So I picked Isaiah, Matthew, and Romans. I doubt I’ll get through all three books though! Those three are pretty solid books in terms of Christian theology, so I thought they’d be good to study. 🙂
- Isaiah was a married prophet with 2 sons
- Isaiah is sometimes referred to as the Prince of Prophets, and he is the last of the latter prophets (and the 12 minor prophets begin after him)
- His name means “The Lord Saves” (i’m keeping that one in mind for baby names! haha)
- Historical background: Israel was declining as the Assyrians were taking over the middle east, and King Hezekiah (godly king) was in power of Israel
- “The Day of the Lord” refers to the second coming, a day of divine judgement.